Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog Update

An update on Mr. Drew Peterson. I'm sure everyone knows by now that it would appear that Mr. Peterson's engagement to Christina Raines is off. Did his 23 year old mother of two sweetheart decide that he was too "scary" to marry? Did she decide that perhaps her children would be safer NOT living in the same house as Drew? (although they are just engaged, she moved herself and her children into his home). Nope. Drew gave an interview to ABC (which I watched) wherein he stated (in short) that he simply cannot remain faithful to any woman and doesn't even want to try.

He admitted that after a short time, he becomes bored and moves on to greener pastures. (duh!) SO, honey of the month called the police and had them at Drew's house while she packed up their stuff and moved back into her parents house. Of course, she and her father showed up wired with microphones and accompanied by a bevy of reporters and camera crews. When Drew saw the circus he shut the door on them and refused to allow anyone inside his home. The police eventually entered Drew's house and got Christina's stuff and placed it on the curb.

Her father said that since she has been living in Drew's house, he has called the police on at least 2 occasions to have them do a welfare check because he couldn't get in touch with her and panicked. Yeah, I completely understand that. I can imagine not being able to sleep at night wondering if Drew was putting my daughter's body in the trunk of his car at that moment. I would probably camp outside his house. What a nightmare for a parent. What a stupid, stupid, stupid girl! (Those of you who know me personally know that stupid is a word I don't allow spoken in my house so for me to call someone stupid - it's serious.)

Apparently Ms. Raines has a long history of dating (and reproducing) with crazy men. Her first (her babies daddy) was reportedly abusive, her second (the one she dumped for Drew) she lived with until the day she moved into Drew's house. He admits to peeking in Drew's windows to "check on Christina" and according to Drew, he was abusive to her. Christina is 23 and already, according to her and Drew, she has had an abusive marriage, an abusive boyfriend and now Drew? Girl needs medication.

Now Drew is sad. The pool of 20 something girls must be drying up for him. Since Stacey's disappearance he has had 2 of them actually living with him and God knows how many on the side. The boy is getting some action.

Of course, Kim Mazurka didn't stay there long. Once she was hauled before the Grand Jury and pumped for information by the police, she backed away rather quickly.

Speaking of Drew, I will say one thing positive about him. I liked his reply when asked why he is not participating in the numerous searches for Stacey's body, he replied, "because I know they won't find her". Now HE says he means they won't find her because she's not dead but - you know I'm thinking he really means they won't find her because she has been ground up into hamburger meat and fed to the dogs or something.

I should add a disclaimer of sorts to this update about Drew. I have blogged about Carl Rodgers earlier on and in that blog I have ranted and raved about people assuming he was guilty when there was no evidence to support their suspicions. Let me explain why I feel justified in branding Drew a murderer. His third wife, with whom he had children (3?) died in a bathtub accident that was later declared to be murder (he hasn't been charged - I don't know why). Coincidence only goes so far.

Now, having said that, Drew could very well be innocent and I just don't like him. Could be. I state that in every blog about Drew. Also, if the police are so certain that he is guilty of the murder of his third and fourth wives, why haven't they charged him?

I would also like to know what became of the rectangular blue plastic container that Drew's step brother swears he helped Drew remove from his master bedroom on the night that Stacey disappeared??

The step brother actually attempted to commit suicide the next day because, as he stated to a friend, he thought "I just helped hide Stacey's body". He also said that Drew left him for a few minutes in a coffee shop and gave him his cell phone instructing him not to answer it no matter who it was. Within a minute or two, the phone rang and the caller I.D. stated it was Stacey. Then they went to his house and moved the container. He said the container weighed probably 110 pounds (Stacey weighed 100 pounds) and that it was warm to the touch. I think a normal person would have demanded to know what was in that container before they helped him move it. I would. I'm not about to be a party to covering up a murder. Well, not for free anyway. (That was a joke - seriously).

Drew Peterson is/was a cop. He wasn't just a patrolman, he was a Sergeant. He has escaped 2 murder charges (at this point), would he be so simplistic as to pull this type of stunt off? OR, is he betting that because his step brother has a history of mental instability that he is the perfect one to help dispose of the body because he would be easily discredited in court? Is that it? So this scenario would be perfect in that situation. Come to think of it, that would make sense.

I applaud the police for waiting until they feel they have enough evidence to convict because as we all know, should they jump the gun and he gets acquitted, the show's over. Except for the civil case which is easier to win because it requires less "preponderance of evidence". But then, collecting is a real bitch. By the time you hire a firm to follow his income and assets and then file motions in court to seize or levy against those assets and income, you are probably going to be in the hole rather than ahead. Plus, it takes an enormous amount of energy to stay on top of it all which further victimizes the family of the lost one. While the suspected killer goes on with his/her life, the family of the lost one is reminded each and every day as they continue to attempt to collect on their judgment. Personally, it wouldn't be worth the effort to me. Getting the judgment would be but I would then want to move on with my life and not be bound to this person forever. I would want to be able to step back from the trauma and begin to remember my lost one and celebrate his/her life without having the suspected killer in the mix.

At any rate, innocent until proven guilty. Like it or not. That's the way it works.

But that's just me.

No comments: